I was tagged some time ago, but since I’m going to see the evil person in person next week in Switzerland, I figured by better buck up and write something. I have to admit, I found the game bothered some sensibility I couldn’t quite name (chain mail). I have to admit, I’ve enjoyed reading the posts, so I’m in!
- My first formal introduction to programming started in my third semester of college. It was fortran on punch cards. I found both the development experience and the formal study of computer science to be a horror I could never imagine doing for a living, and switched to a music theory and composition degree.
- I’m not sure if there is some name for this “affliction” but I have a deep attention span: of about 2 months. Then my attention will move to something else. As I have gotten older I no longer need to totally abandon the thing I was just interested in and now I mostly rotate around between business, software, music and cross country skiing. Three cheers for growing up!
- In spite of loving travel, loving the high culture of big cities, mountains, oceans and ski hills, I have only lived in 8 homes in 4 cities my entire life. Discount a dorm room and one summer with a gig in Minneapolis and that’s 6 places and three towns my whole life.
- I was once asked to join the Buddy Rich band on tour as a bass player. I said no in spite of how it might have helped my music career at the time. Look at the wikipedia article for the word infamous and you will have one, but not the only reason why I didn’t join. Entertainment defined…
- While I love reading a wide variety of books, from software tomes, to history and historical fiction, to biography and novels, my guilty pleasure is sea stories from the sailing days. I’m just finishing the Patrick O’Brian series from which came the movie Master and Commander.